Tuesday, June 11, 2013

How I Capture my Fun. Camera, Camera, Camera, Camera

Capturing all of my fun can be a challenging task at times. We live a high tech society where almost everyone has a camera on them at some point during the day. Everyone that carries a cell phone has a camera on them just waiting to capture a moment. I am no different. I make sure that I always have some kind of camera on me at all times. So much can happen, and does happen during the day that I think I need to capture it. Even if I am not doing anything crazy, I still have a camera with me. This allows me to share the moment with others exactly have you witnessed it. I have four cameras that are always within reach ready to take action. It's almost like an wild west gun fighter that was ready to use his gun at the blink of an eye.






My weapons of choice

I have four cameras that I primarily use. The first is old faithful, my cell phone. Currently I am using a Motorola RAZR. I can't go wrong with this phone. As I said, it is always with me. It captures incredible still pictures, and HD video. I can quickly send pictures around the world in a matter of a few minutes. If you are a social media nut, then you have to have a cell phone. It allows you to quickly post and share pictures and videos.









My next camera is my Canon EOS 5D. If you need super high quality pictures you can't go wrong with a Canon from my experience. This SLR allows you to change lenses, and there are many cool setting on the camera to tweak your pictures to be those jaw dropping pictures you desire.








 Now comes the crem de la crem. I have two GoPro cameras that I use for most all of my videos. The first is the GoPro Hero2 and the second is my GoPro Hero3. I first started with the GoPro Hero2 about two years ago and it has taken a lot of great video of me and my activities. Last Christmas Santa brought me the GoPro Hero3. Both carera's are awesome and both take awesome HD 1080p stunning video. The newer GoPro Hero3 has a lot more options than the GoPro Hero2. Both are very versatile cameras. Both take great videos along with stunning still pictures.

Both have water proof cases that allow you to go under water with them. You can even scuba dive with the GoPro Hero3 up to 197 feet.
Both cameras have fixed focal lenses and you can
adjust the field of view from wide angle, medium view, to narrow view. One of the best things about this camera are the variety of mounts that you can get with this camera. From helmet mounts, to handle bar mounts, to suction cups, and tripod mounts. There are too many to list. If you need to mount it, there is a mount for you.

One of my favorite is the helmet mount. It give you the perspective of what the rider sees. Below is my daughter with the GoPro Hero3 on her helmet.





Final Words
I have found that there is not one camera for fills all of my needs. The cell phone camera is for quick pictures and for sharing them on social media.

My Canon camera is for top quality still pictures. With the many options and setting it allows you to take incredible still pictures. When it is time to get serious about still pictures, this is the one I grab.

The GoPro cameras are without a doubt my favorite camera for capturing video. I have never been able to get people to grab a camera and take pictures or video of me and my activities. Now I can do it myself. With the vast number of mounts I can capture all of my activities on video for future proof and bragging rights. I even take a lot of home videos with my GoPro camera. The wide angle video assures you will probably not miss anyone in your shots.


2 comments:

  1. For a pocket camera, I love the Canon S95. I keep it in my purse almost all the time. It will not get the SLR quality - but close. Most of my blog pics are with the camera.

    I need to practice with the iPhone. I press the wrong button and get pics of my nose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your Canon S95 shots good pictures. With 10 MP and the wide angle you should be able to get some great shots. I love the compact size of your Canon. Lets you take it about anywhere. 720p HD video is a good quality to also shoot video. Nice choice that that Canon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and your comments. Comments are moderated, I review them and remove any spam before posting. I check messages often.
Thanks Rob