Saturday, June 15, 2013

First Step to My Dream Started at Zoo City


Today I took my first step toward getting back into racing. I went to a motocross race tonight in Asheboro at the motocross race track called Zoo City. I wanted to check out Zoo City to see how the tracked looked. I went as a spectator with my cameras in hand. Beside watching some really good racing, I got to take some pretty cool pictures.

Zoo City

The reason I picked Zoo City tonight was because it is the closest track to me that has organized racing. From Concord it only took me about and hour to get to the track. It was very easy to find, and is not far off of interstate 73. Zoo City offers a wide range of motocross classes to race in, and there is a 50+ class that is exactly what I am looking for. ZooCity is very nice racing facility. The track is well maintained and once the racing starts, it is class after class of racing with one stop half way though the night to groom the track, and to give the track officials a break to get refreshed. I met some very nice people tonight and everyone was very friendly. I also had a great hot dog "all the way" at the concession stand. Great track food at a great price. It really hit the stop.

Next steps

My plan is not to complicated.
1st I have to finish school and graduate from Catawba college. I started that trek 3 years ago. I will be done in February 2014 and will participate in the graduation in May 2014. I will graduate with my degree in Business Administration B.B.A from the School of Evening and Graduate Studies program.
2nd thing is I have to get a dirt bike again. I am looking now, and should find one by then.

Fitness

Fitness is a no brainer. If you want to be competitive, you must be in sharp. I work on this every week and it is one of my main focuses. Not only to stay in shape for racing but you need to be more focused on your fitness and health. Especially now that I am in my 50's.


Racing Expectations

First off I just want to go racing for some fun. I can think back when I was racing before when I lived in Arizona. It was absolutely the most fun. I look forward to that again. I also want to get really proficient to the skill of racing. I still want to be able to make the triples and charge the whoops.




The Stage is Set
Going to the races tonight was just the momentum push I needed. If all goes according to plan, I will be racing again this time next year.



I have no affiliation with Zoo City. I went tonight only as a spectator. I paid my own way in to the track like all others that attended tonight. My opinions and comments are my own.




7 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lot of fun and good luck to you in pursuing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron, my only problem is time and current commitments. I am mentally and physically ready now. It will happen soon enough. All I need is patients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photo, being able to catch the bike in midair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elijah. I used the GoPro and shot this as a video in 1080p mode. I used Sony Vegas 11 and grabbed a still picture from the video. So I can't take all of the credit. Especially since I wasn't even looking at the rider when I shot it.

      Delete
  4. That looks like fun. I would, of course, probably break my leg. But, I'd probably have to try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and your comments. Comments are moderated, I review them and remove any spam before posting. I check messages often.
Thanks Rob