Friday, May 24, 2013

Fitness and Healthy Eating:

   
         Staying fit is not an easy task. It's hard enough in your 20's and 30'. It is even harder when you are in your 50's. Despite the level of difficulty, I have found that it is essential in my quest to stay healthy, and enjoy my extreme hobbies. In my quest to stay fit, I also have to eat healthy. Fitness and eating healthy go hand in hand. My plan is to continue my extreme hobbies as long as I can. My wife often accuses me of still being twelve years old. I have embraced my age of 52, but that does not mean I have to slow down.

        My current fitness routine is full of running. During the week I will run at work during lunch. I split up my running into two routines. Three days a week and will run for distance, that works on my stamina. Usually two miles because of a time constraint. The other two days I will run short distances and stop and do burpee. This works on my cardio. Burpees are an incredible exercise. It works your entire body. I dare you to do ten. You will have total respect for the burpee after that.
 
                                                        Burpee Video

 

The key to me staying active in my 50's will be this type fitness and a healthy diet. You need to look at what you are putting into your body. Think of yourself as a high performance car. If you put poor quality fuel in your car, it will not perform as a high performance car as you intend it to. So fuel yourself properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and your comments. Comments are moderated, I review them and remove any spam before posting. I check messages often.
Thanks Rob