Saturday, October 26, 2013

Back In The Game with my 2013 Honda CRF450X

It's official, I am now the proud owner of a brand new 2013 Honda CRF450X. I did a lot of homework before I made this purchase. Now that I have it, I feel that I could have not made a better choice for my Dirt Bike come back tour.

Why I chose the Honda CRF450X?
The first thing that drove me to the CRF450X was the countless positive articles, videos I kept coming across in my research. The CRF450X is a proven winner. Honda also has a very good track record in producing durable quality dirt bikes with top performance. The Honda CRF450X is also a proven Baja winner, and since I am going to get back into Hare Scrambles, a quality, proven winner made the CRF450X my top choice.

Why I chose new over used?
I did some serious searching but I could not find the bike I wanted for a good price in the used dirt bike arena. I was looking at used bikes with low hours at a price that was not listed to high.This is not always as easy as it sounds. I saw many bikes that had a very economic price, but all had more hours on them than I wanted. I also saw many that may have seen their prime. I needed a reliable bike. This is when I started looking new. I went to our local RideNow Motorsports and found buying a new bike was very affordable. I bought my at the end of the current model year. This was before the new 2014 were due to start shipping to the dealers. I researched what was changing on the new 2014 model year. Once I saw that there was not much difference I bought a discounted 2013 CRF450X. It was really a no-brainer once you did the math. I also receive some great customer service that was icing on the cake.

What now?
I have been on several rides breaking this new bike in. Every time I ride my CRF450X I am reminded of the right choice I made buying the Honda. The CRF450X has more power that a human could need, and it handles perfectly. The combination between power and handling makes this the right bike to buy. I love the four stroke power and the smoothness the CRF450X gives the rider. The wide ratio transmission make this the perfect off rode trail bike. The bike is comfortable on long rides and the bonus electric start is awesome. I was not sure if I would like the electric start but it has proven to be a nice benefit. I can not wait to enter my first Hare Scramble. I hope your search for a Dirt Bike turns out as good as mine did.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and your comments. Comments are moderated, I review them and remove any spam before posting. I check messages often.
Thanks Rob